Saturday, October 29, 2005

Urinetown

Officer Lockstock: "You're too young to understand right now, Little Sally, but nothing can kill a show like too much exposition."
Sally: "How about bad subject matter? Or a bad title? That could kill a show pretty good."

A few years ago, I saw the musical comedy Urinetown off-Broadway. It's been a long time since I laughed that much in a theater. I loved it, even though I'm not a big fan of musicals. (Mother-in-law sat for the kids for us that evening; she did a double take on the Playbill when we got home. She had thought we were saying the name of the show was "You're In Town.")

Villagers Theater in Somerset is producing this show through Nov. 13th. The Princeton Packet review is here, and they loved it. I'm afraid I won't be able to see it due to scheduling conflicts, but if you have a free evening for some fun theater in Central NJ I strongly suggest getting there. The review implies that tickets are going fast, so hurry.

No comments: