Monday, October 03, 2005

Debate and Reform news items

Last week, I mentioned a news item that Libertarian gubernatorial candidate Jeff Pawlowski planned to release his answers to the questions from the NJN debate. I emailed the Pawlowski campaign and have yet to hear back. However, Green Party candidate Matt Thieke has posted his on his web site. (I like most of his answers, too.)

Reported in today's Trenton Times: In a big anti-corruption pitch, Assemblymen Michael Panter and Dr. Robert Morgan are proposing stronger penalties for those public officials convicted of corruption, mandantory ethics training, and mandantory reimbursment by developers caught manipulating the building process. I can't find bill numbers yet, but when I do I'll post them and urge you to write your assemblymen to push the reforms through. These reforms may not be sweeping but they're steps in the right direction.

No comments: