Friday, October 07, 2005

Update to Hate Mail

A local policeman came to take my report today and took the letter away. He asked if I needed it and of course I said no, I saw no need to ever see it again. I did not take care to avoid fingerprints on the letter (because I didn't initally think I would be turning it over to the police, or that they would take it as seriously as that) so I was advised that if I get another one, to avoid getting prints on it.

The nice patrolman did correct me; technically it's harassment, not hate mail, since it didn't specifically name or threaten me in the contents. I appreciate the correction but it doesn't make me feel a whole lot better. A little bit, though; "harassment" is a slightly less noxious word than "hate."

And life goes on.

2 comments:

Tata said...

Is it harassment if we keep asking the police if they found anything?

The One True Tami said...

I'm really glad that the police are taking this seriously. Of course I hope it's just one weird letter, but the police should know that it was sent, all the same.