Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Re-lighting the fire

I've kinda taken some time off politics here because, well, I've been busy, and I had a class-A case of burnout. I know this year's fight to take back the Congress is important, even if I'm not so fired up right now; so tonight, I volunteered for some phonebanking for Carol Gay.

I'm back on the bandwagon.

It's easy, when you get to push for someone like Carol Gay. If you live in the 4th, go check out her web site and see what I'm talking about. This is who we need right now.

I couldn't bring myself to listen to Bush's speech the other night, with him spewing his tired "stay the course" rhetoric while people die. People need to vote for candidates like Gay, and Rich Sexton, and Linda Stender; candidates who know that this war is unjustified, unwinnable and just plain wrong. Candidates who understand that supporting our troops means not using them as pawns to muck up Iraq only to be brought home to shrinking veteran's benefits (or worse yet, in body bags.)

The election's in less than two months. It's time now to get these folks heard.

No comments: