Monday, May 02, 2005

Trenton Film Fest

I wasn't able to go, so I don't feel it would be fair to give it New Jersey Treasure status. But a lot of folks did go to the Trenton Film Fest. The movie getting the most press is Anytown, USA, a documentary about the Bogota, NJ mayoral race. All politics is local, and here it is at the basic level- it doesn't seem too pretty. I can't wait to see this film. I hope the DVD makes it to Netflix someday, because there aren't any showings and it currently doesn't have a distributor (nor could I easily get a babysitter if there was an opportunity.)

And just in case you need to go book shopping this week, here's a voucher to Barnes & Noble to have 5% of your purchase total be donated to the Trenton Film Society. They'll have the fest again next year (hopefully) so if you missed it like me, better luck next year!

No comments: