Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Real Reform: they hate it.

Assembly Speaker Sires (D-West New York) says he won't even recommend sending the constitutional amendment proposal for a committee let alone a vote. The Republicans don't like it, of course, but it's not a good sign when your own party won't support your proposal. The NJEA liked it though, and that's a start. No one likes to be associated with higher taxes, but I really think they could sell this one if they tried. More fair, takes the burdens off senior citizens with limited incomes, drasticly reduces property taxes, that sort of thing.

The bill is ACR237, and once they post the text so we can check it out thoroughly, I plan to start writing my letters. Incidentally, my assemblymen write me back. (Do yours?) I wonder if the lackey in their office who reads the mail is used to me by now.

No comments: