Friday, May 13, 2005

My trees are gone

We've taken down a total of 5 trees for the solar power array. Two I was glad to see go, two I would've rather kept a while but they shaded my neighbor's array, and the fifth- I cried when Andrew cut it down. So healthy, so nice, right in the middle of the yard. The solar guy is trying to make me feel better by showing me how the environmental good done by installing the solar outpaces the impact of one (or even five) trees, but it still means there's no shade on my deck anymore and it feels really, really open.

The last three trees went today. There's more sunlight coming into the office (where I am typing) right now than probably has been in twenty years or more. Our privacy on the deck is pretty much gone.

But it had to be done.

I'm already researching what dwarf-size trees I can put in, to give us a little shade!

No comments: