Sunday, May 08, 2005

Surfin'

Usually when the kids are in bed for the night, Andrew and I crash in front of the TV for an hour or two. We sometimes watch movies or shows we've borrowed or owned (recently watched all three LotR DVDs!), but mostly we surf channels and watch whatever's interesting. This last week, however, we've spent reading or playing on the computers. I think we're sick of finding the least objectionable garbage to entertain us.

Anyway, for my web surfing, I've been hitting that "next blog" button a lot. It's up there on the top of the page, on the right. There seems to be a lot of sites in Spanish, and a good number of sites which are advertisements for something. There are lots of high school kids or college students who are blogging about their lives, not much interesting there either. I hit the button and keep going.

Once in a while, though, you find someone on your wavelength. The other day I found a chick posting about the Dead, retired racing greyhounds and has 88.5 linked from her page. There's the Pop Culture Wake-Up Call, which reminds me so much of Chris and Allen (well, not the sports wake-up call, but the others.) I've posted a few other things I've found already.

I'll get back to the gubernatorial campaign when something interesting happens, probably at the debates. I haven't had much to say about the whole Thomas thing or the Brown thing, and other than those and the Frist Filibuster (in hour 311 as I write this,) there ain't been much for New Jersey news. That's probably a good thing.

No comments: