Tuesday, January 17, 2006

There's a new sheriff in town

"What we need is not a new day of reform, but a new era. An era where working with or serving in New Jersey state government is not viewed as a chance to make a deal, but as an opportunity to make a difference. A way to enrich, not the well connected, but the lives of our children, our working families, our veterans, and retirees." -Governor Jon Corzine, Inaugural speech

Text is here. NJN has the rebroadcast here. I did get to see some of the speech and festivities on NJN this afternoon.When the colors were brought in- and the pipers were playing- it's such a stirring moment, I was so proud to be from NJ. Even more than usual.

Now, the real work begins.

2 comments:

Bob said...

& is response to the speech, one of the worse mayors in America (who's also in the state senate) said:
"A majority of the men and women of the Senate and Assembly already agree with his hue and cry for reform and do not deserve to be painted with the same brush of mismanagement, neglect and being concerned only about re-election."

Tata said...

Is it too late for me to take some kind of bribe? I mean, I don't have any influence. I don't have contracts or anything. I kind of lack so much as a used car dealership, but I hate feeling left out.

C'mon! Someone bribe me!