Sunday, January 08, 2006

I get -cough- searches

I've had an increase in traffic in the last week. I can't say for sure why, but I think my search engine keyword report may have the reason. My top search terms are: NJ smoking ban - nj indoor smoking ban - Petty's Island - nj cable choice - smoking ban nj - nj smoke ban - smoking ban in nj. Versions of 'indoor smoking ban in nj" or phrases incorporating the bill number S1926 comprise fully half of the next eighteen terms on the list.

I see a theme here. Clearly, this is an issue in which residents in Our Fair State have an interest. I've made it pretty clear how I feel about it here. Enact the ban, and now.

The full Assembly vote on this bill is expected to be tomorrow, and it is expected to pass; Acting Gov. Codey has said he'll sign it if it does. Like I said before, if it's important to you (and it really looks to be important to visitors to TCONJL) contact your legislators quickly. On those pages you can get phone numbers to their offices to leave messages or you can email and hope it gets read before tomorrow morning.

No comments: