Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Pull the crickets

I have to remove the crickets from the soundtrack to Monday's post. Matt Stoller, with the Corzine campaign, emailed me yesterday evening:

"Here is a post on Jon Corzine's agenda.He has outlined specific steps and cuts to make to state government more efficient, as well as a comprehensive health care proposal to expand access to care.
http://corzineconnection.com/story/2005/6/6/11622/00746

He also has an aggressive ethics reform proposal which spells out how he intends to change the structure of NJ government to eliminate corruption:

http://corzineconnection.com/story/2005/6/6/11622/00746

In addition to his tax plan, he has called for a property tax citizens convention to address the structural roots of the problem, which is the funding of our schools through a regressive and unfair property tax."

Right now, those links just aren't working properly. As soon as I see that fixed I'll post it. I'd like to read exactly what they have to say. I've read the overview on Corzine's site, as well as what I can find on Doug Forrester's site. But, I must again refer to the Tom Hester Jr. article as a comprehensive compare-and-contrast, and I'm not seeing what I'd hoped to see- true reform of the system. (I may be cynical but I still have hope.)

No one from Forrester's camp has contacted me, but I would be surprised if my blog was on their radar for any reason. (I was more than a little surprised that Matt Stoller emailed me!)

No comments: