Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Too Little, Too Late

In Monday's mail I recieved a letter (dated June 20) from Sen. Robert Menendez:

"Thank you for contacting me to express your support for a censure of President George W. Bush. I appreciate hearing your views and the opportunity to respond to you on this important matter. ..."

I appreciate your response, Senator; but I wish it had been more prompt, since I wrote to you about this in March, when Feingold's resolution was on the table.

For the record- Menendez doesn't think we have enough info for censure.

4 comments:

Rob S. said...

Do they give gold medals for veering wildly off the subject? If so: Bravo, dipstick.

Sharon GR said...

Lou,

What?

DBK said...

I got the same letter when I wrote Menendez about the resolution, and on the same day, I think it was. The time of the response is always late. I write to members of Congress here and there. The responses are never particularly timely, but I am hoping that my position is relayed to them a little quicker than they answer it.

Oh, and for Lou. That's quite a mindless little rant you had going there. You claim the shutdown cost you $500 a day. Funny how you can manage to suck money from the public trough even though you hate so many New Jersey government officials. Tell me, when you talk to Democratic public officials who enable you to make a living from taxpayer dollars, do you talk to them the same way you ranted in your comments, or are you the sort who "plays the game" by pretending to be nice because, well, at heart you are a hypocrite and a liar and completely dishonest?

Just askin'.

Sharon GR said...

I agree, DBK, I'm used to late responses especially from my Washington reps- my NJ ones are a lot faster- but three months hit a new record for me.