Friday, March 17, 2006

More about beer

A good blogfriend just reminded me how much I love beer. So, here's an update on the unnamed homebrewery:

We have a Marzen in primary fermenter right now. As you can tell from the name, it's a traditional German style brewed in March, and we've brewed beers like it several times before. We'll get it in bottle in a few days, but it took a very long time to start fermenting so we're not rushing it. The ESB we brewed a little while back is in secondary while it dry-hops; will bottle next week. We're running out of Fat Quaker (it's an oatmeal stout- get it?) and Summer's Pilsner is going fairly quick, too. Time to bottle!

I do so love beer.

6 comments:

jay lassiter said...

i made Irish stew today for st pattys and used oatmeal stout in the recipe and it was so yummy!

Tata said...

BEER! WHEEEEEE!

Janet said...

Irish stew DOES sound good. Come to think of it, any stew sounds good, with some beer on the side. I never liked beer. Then one day, I woke up, and it was like I did.

Sharon GR said...

Mmmmm... Irish stew with beer...

Sluggo said...

Mmmmmm...**** with beer...

hiikeeba said...

My cousin likes to make an Irish stew with stout, then he serves it in a hollowed out round loaf of bread that has been hollowed out. There's some fine eatin' right there! I think. Last time I was visiting, we cooked it, and we drank a lot of beer.