Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Meme of Sevens

The famed author Jeri Smith-Ready set me at this task over a week ago and I just haven't gotten to it until now. (She has decided the term "meme" probably comes from vanity- Me! Me! She just may be right.) I was also tagged for the Meme of Fours by Tata at Poor Impulse Control, and this has many duplicates, therefore it will have to do. Miss Jeri tagged me before Miss Tata, so I feel obligated to try for seven.

Here it is, the Meme of Sevens:

7 Things to Do Before I Die:
See my children grow up to have long, happy and healthy lives
Drink scotch in Scotland
Get vision-correction surgery
Forbidden City
Make an entire wedding cake and not be able to find the hideous mistake which I swear ruins it but that no one else will ever, ever notice
Pick a career and stick to it
Return everything I've borrowed or has been left at my house (Ha ha! Now I can never die!)

7 Things I Cannot Do:
Afford to go to Scotland
Play the banjo
Let some things go
Send holiday cards without seals on them
Give up my chair
Eat okra
Tolerate the Parkway

7 Things that attract me to people:
Sense of humor
Intelligence
Open-mindedness
Positive outlook
Easy smile
Similar taste in something (books, music, movies, politics, etc.)
Actually listening to what others say

7 Things I Would Never Say:
"Anything you say is fine with me, dear."
"George W. Bush is just the best president, isn't he?"
"Did you watch The Apprentice last night?"
"Honey, could you turn on ESPN?"
"Give me a Bud Light."
"I slept great, thanks!"
"I think we should get another cat."

7 Books or Series I Love:
The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them by Al Franken (seek the audio version with him reading it)
Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
The Stand by Stephen King
Requiem for the Devil by Jeri Smith-Ready

7 Movies I can watch over and over:
The Godfather
The Blues Brothers
Die Hard
The Two Towers
The Matrix (but not the other two)
Pulp Fiction
Moonstruck

7 People I want to join in (no pressure, and feel free to change/add your own questions):
Andrew
Greg
Allen
Sluggo
Janet
Kate
*Rob and/or Brenda
And YOU!
A lot of blogs I know who would participate already have. Anyone else who wants to--just link back, please!

P.S. I'll remain on the light blogging schedule for a few more days. I'm enjoying this thing called "Family Time" and it, unfortunately, takes me away from the computer. Thanks for stopping by today, especially since you didn't expect me to be here.

5 comments:

Janet said...

Ugh. No pressure right? I'm currently nursing a head cold and I have a New Years wrap up post in the can for Friday but I'll see if I can squeeze it in. You'll still love me if I don't though, right?:)

Sharon GR said...

No pressure. I was tagged about ten days before I got around to it. I also know some folks won't do memes on their blog, and that's fine too. This is the first one I've ever done.

Of course I'll still love you, but not if you sneeze on me! Get some orange juice, Advil and a good blanket and get some sleep. Hope you feel better!

Rob S. said...

What, no dwarves?

Tata said...

Time is different in December from any other month. For instance, it's time for my nap!

Kiss! Kiss!

C'mon, sweetie! Aren't you short a few cats?

Janet said...

I had some chicken soup today. And a glass of orange juice sits beside me as a I type this. Today I posted an retrospective for the year and I'm done..till 2006 that is. Thanks for the well wishes!:)