Friday, December 16, 2005

Did you hear the news today?

I heard a great report on the radio this morning. It was on WHYY's Morning Edition. Eugene Sohn (spelling??) had a report that state Republican allegations of there being more than 4,000 people who voted twice in New Jersey's elections in 2004 were based on faulty research. NJ Republican chairman Tom Wilson defended the allegations, but the report this morning stated that the allegations were found to have been based on faulty research- specifically, that they did not even look at middle names or initials. How ridiculous and irresponsible is that?

The thing is, I CAN'T FIND THE REPORT. The radio station doesn't post copies of their local news stories on their web site, and it wasn't mentioned on the national edition of Morning Edition, only the local Philadelphia one. I couldn't find it mentioned in the Times of Trenton newspaper, or the Star-Ledger, the Philly Inquirer, or the New York Times online versions. Sohn was reporting on a political think-tank's analysis of the research, and I missed which one. It was the 7AM news and we all needed to get moving, so I couldn't get a pen to write down details. Google's been no help, either. I emailed WHYY, but no response yet.

Did anyone else hear the report, or read about it somewhere, so we can get some details? Please leave comments if you can help me on this one. Thanks!

4 comments:

Nada said...

I believe this link will take you to the report:

http://www.brennancenter.org/programs/downloads/NJ%20Fraud%20Final%20response.pdf

Sharon GR said...

Thank you Navid!!

Now as soon as I have some time to write it up, I will. Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

MyDD also had an analysis here:

http://www.mydd.com/story/2005/9/17/20276/1556

The Star-Ledger and NYT both fell for the GOP story. It ran Sept. 15 or thereabouts. The link in my
original post

http://www.theopinionmill.com/Fuzzymath.html

is broken.

Sharon GR said...

Thanks Steven. I remember the allegations, mostly because they were far-reaching and baseless. I wish I could find Repub chair Tom Wilson's comments from WHYY on Friday morning, in reference to the Brennan Center's report that just came out.