Saturday, April 23, 2005

Shock follows shock

Doug Forrester backed off on the layoffs. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you. He'll stick to political appointees and not people who do actual work. Probably a good idea not to tick off the unions so early in the campaign.

In other shocking campaign news, the Acting Gov. and the gubernatorial candidates didn't reveal their tax returns. Nope, not a one. They don't have to, of course, but it's a tradition. The principals say they will; Millionire Forrester, if he wins the nomination; Millionaire Corzine, who filed for the October extention, said he'd release them before then; and Shundler, in the "near future," which means before Forrester so he looks more open to primary voters. Ok, fans and friends, I admit I'm reaching a bit when I say campaign "news." This is one of those things where almost nothing relavent nor interesting is revealed, but if a candidate won't release his/her returns it looks as if there's something to hide.

No comments: