Friday, April 29, 2005

Backlog

Next to my computer on the desk, I have a stack of papers. These are items I need to handle- bills, reminders and the like. I recently started adding newspaper clippings I'd like to reference in a blog post. I can't see the desk any more for the stack, and it's mostly clippings. So, here are some of the highlights:

Schundler goes for the GOP hardliners again; he's picked up the NJ Right to Life endorsement. This hasn't helped him in the past (had the same endorsement in 2001) and it's hard to believe it will help him in November. It will probably will do some good in the primary, with the GOP base.

But it all depends where you are on the ballot. Forrester has sued to change his ballot position in Bergen County. I'm not kidding. Um, Doug, if people want to vote for you, they'll spend the extra .5 second to look down the list, really they will. And then you won't look petty for suing over it. (According to the AP article there should have been a ruling on this, so when I find it I'll post.)

Speaking of not acting your age, The Jersey Guys are acting malicously juvenile again. I do hate NJ101.whine. Oh, I really do. The hosts on that station have no idea what they're talking about most of the time, but that doesn't seem to stop them from talking. It's pathetic how they get to make a living trying to make people angry by spreading misinformation. I guess they get the ratings, though- which scares me to no end. If I can find 5 minutes today, I'll write a letter demanding they be fired (and they'll have a lot of fun reading my letter on the air and slamming me for having a different opinion than they do.)

Helis is back. but not here. He's in the Schuylkyll now. Poor little whale. They think he's probably sick. He was fun while he was here, but we hope he gets home again.

Have a good weekend. I hope it doesn't rain too much. Especially because we've got a backyard birthday party this weekend which is likely turning into an indoor birthday party. I better go clean.

No comments: