Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Tuesday lazy blogging

I would have to go back and reread a lot to verify if this is true, but it seems that my worst blogging days are Tuesdays. If I have a lazy linkin' day, it's usually a Tuesday. I only have a few small things to blog about today, none big enough to stand on its own, so we'll do it all in one big post:

1. This ticked me off a little this morning reading the paper: Corzine plan would hike transportation fund debt. It's a Tom Hester Jr. article about the proposed debt refinancing for the soon-to-be-broke Transportation Trust Fund. Why am I annoyed by it? Well, besides the fact that refinancing will, in fact, hike the debt and just push off the problem instead of solving it, I mean. I'm annoyed because of the article's title: It's not Corzine's plan. He hasn't proposed a plan to do this (yet.) It's one of several options being considered by Gov. Corzine, including the leasing of the toll roads. Titiling the article like this is inflamitory and somewhat inaccurate.

2. The Westminster Kennel Club dog show continues tonight, with the Sporting, Hound and Herding groups. I only really want to see the hounds, of course. The're the least likely to ever take best in show, and the greyhound has never done it, if I remember correctly. But they're my favorite.

3. Miss Tata over at Blanton's and Ashton's has two posts, here and here, about the Bush administration's plan to sell $1 Billion in public lands over the next ten years. As she says, "Shout, and don't quit. You have thirty days."

4. Harry Whittington, who was shot in the face by Dick Cheney, has had a "silent heart attack." Here's hoping he's ok, but a 78-year-old man getting shot in the face and then having a heart attack is a very bad thing indeed. We all wish you good luck, Harry.

5. In the meantime, the comedians went nuts with the Cheney shooting yesterday. If you haven't seen The Daily Show from last night yet, go. Now. The Onion is having fun too. Yesterday, WXPN's Top Five at Five segment- where they suggest a topic and have listeners suggest appropriate songs, then playing the top five at 5PM- included Bungalow Bill by the Beatles, Shotgun by Southern Culture on the Skids, and the number-one requested song: Lawyers, Guns and Money by Warren Zevon.

6. Happy Valentine's Day. Dial back on the chocolates, stay out of overcrowded restaurants, skip paying $4.50 for a card. Just tell someone you love them.

3 comments:

Janet said...

I miss the days of "it's the thought that counts presents" were all that mattered.:(

Happy Valentine's Day!

Tata said...

Well, aren't you sweet!

I can't wait to scritch your nose!

By the way, headline-tilting is a game my high school journalism teacher would have flunked me for playing.

Sluggo said...

Up the G-hounds! You never know.