Thursday, May 04, 2006

No time

I just started working on Monday. I've had lots of things going besides my regular gig as SAHM for the last eight years (including school, other jobs, watching kids for friends, prof. baker, etc.) but this is a regular job I've taken. Part-time, yes, but the mommy thing is full-time-plus, so I feel overwhelmed right now. Also, I have to hold the youngest's birthday party Saturday, and they're predicting thunderstorms. Whoee!

So, anyway, why I'm telling you all of this is by way of explanation. CoNJL will be updating a little less frequently for the next few days, probably until next week at least, when we should settle into a new routine. As always, I appreciate your stopping by, and feel free to leave snarky comments wherever you like.

Fun stuff elsewhere on the web: Rob S. at Laughing at the Pieces is having the world's slowest Mad Libs right now, with all sorts of fun suggestions. Jeri Smith-Ready and a few of her writer pals wrote a quick procrastination-inspired piece here. Round 2, Brackets A and B are up for voting at bandmadness. And, dammit, I still get this stuck in my head from time to time.

See ya soon.

2 comments:

jay lassiter said...

sharon
you're gonna find the rhythm soon. fear not.
business will keep you off the mean streets of NJ.
and you have all of "us" if things get too overwhelming for you.
p.s. having said that, i am sorry to not check in with you every day and find something new. guess it';s true: we don't appreciate what we have till it's gone....or becomes less frequent.

Jeri said...

I realize this is belated, but good luck with the new job, Sharon! Hope it's going well, and that you're getting enough sleep.