Thursday, February 02, 2006

National Wear Red Day is Tomorrow

Tomorrow, Feb. 3, is National Wear Red Day to raise awareness of heart disease for women. Heart disease is the number one killer of women in the United States- far bigger than breast cancer or any other cancer. Indeed, it's a bigger killer than all other cancers combined. More women than men die of heart disease every year. Did I get your attention?

So, why am I going on about this today, when tomorrow is Wear Red day? First, because, if you're like me, you'll forget to wear red unless someone reminds you, so I just did. Second, it will explain why any posts I get up here tomorrow will be in this nice shade of red. Third, it's one more time I get to ask you- male or female- to know your numbers and to do something about them. We care about you here at TCoNJL.

No comments: