Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Evil Hot

The mercury's hit 95 here in Central NJ, possibly to climb a little higher this afternoon. This is what is known as "Evil Hot." So, what did I do?

I raised the temp on my air conditioner 2 degrees; I turned off every light in my house; I shut all the shades on the south-facing side; and, as soon as I finish writing to you nice folks, I'll shut down this computer as quickly as possible.

In other words, I took up author Jeri Smith-Ready's challenge to lower electricity consumption. (Sorry, Jeri, I can't take the air set at 85- but every little bit helps.) What fun stuff are you doing in this heat?

1 comment:

Rob S. said...

We bought sushi for dinner last night; no sense warming up the house with the oven.

Tonight it's grilled hot dogs, if I can stand to get near the grill.